Monday, March 16, 2020

Monday, March 16, 2020

Good Morning!! Welcome to our first day of Digital Learning!!

I miss seeing all of you!  I am going to try and look into something like "Zoom" as a way of being able to "talk" to you guys via the computer.  I know everyone has different technological materials, but maybe we can make something work.  😄  

As a quick review, I will be online until 10:30 daily and can immediately answer your questions, concerns, and even just talk to you.  After 10:30, I will still be here for you, only my answers may not be as immediate.  I will check my e-mail and the blog at regular hourly intervals over the course of the day.  You can also use the Remind App to contact me with any questions.  

You guys are expected to do about 2 hours of work each day.  Here is how we have split that up.  

Reading

20 minutes of reading each day, followed by doing 1 activity on the choice board I will post below.  You will place your work in the Reading section of your One Note Folder.  Make sure you include the date. 

HOWEVER, We will start the reading choice board after we do a few last things for Esperanza Rising.  

Today's assignment is to answer the text dependent questions for chapters 13 and 14.  You can answer the questions directly in your One Note Folder, under the Reading section with today's date (3-16).

As always, you do not need to write the question, but you do need to answer in at least two complete sentences.  One complete sentence answering the question and another providing the text evidence for your answer, complete with a quote from the book.  


Writing

For the next few days, I would like for you to work on your Two voice poem.  I am attaching the sheets here so that you can remember how to set it up.  You can use what you have already done, or you may change it up and do something new.  Today is a planning/drafting day.  I expect you to work on the writing for about 10 minutes each day.



Math


You have two different assignments to do in Math.  One is in Legends of Learning.  My teacher code is: 

TEACHER CODE: RODABA1


You can log in and join the class, or use the log in I gave you.  If you join the class, please be sure that you use your name so I know it is you.  

The other is in Kahn Academy.  I have a class set up and assignments all ready to go.  If you don't remember or can't find the log in I gave you, that is ok.  Send me a message and I will get it to you. 

Math should take you about 30-40 minutes a day.  

Science

I have activities set up for you this week in Legends of Learning.  It is the same code and log in as in Math.  Again, if you need your log in, just ask!  I will give it to you.  You have all week to work on the activities in Physical changes.  

 I know that this seems like a lot!  It really is not.  You can do this and I am here for you!!  Together we will take this time and use it to shine!!

***I know that a few of you have already set up a notebook for digital/home learning.  I am going to play with setting one up for everyone.  Look for that to come out today.  

😎😊😇💪👍😉😁💁😄

19 comments:

  1. Hello this Hayden, When i try to login to Office 365 it said "this app is to dangerous". What should i do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got an email regarding that. Log out and try again in a little bit.
      There is a lot of traffic on the site right now and it is a bit wonky.

      Delete
  2. This is Hayden again It will not let me login to Legends of learning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My class code is RODABA1
      if you cannot get in with your log in, then you can just join my class. You will need to add your name and some basic info, but once you do, you are able to get to the assignments. You just do the Science assignments. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Mrs. Rodabaudgh,its Lizzy, were we suppose to like kind of facetime because it 10:21 and I dont know if we were suppose join you on like zoom or something but i am just starting school. And what time are we suppose to wake up to do school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just do the assignments that I posted here on your time each day. Create a new notebook in O365 for reading and share it with me. I will see your work in there.

      Delete
  4. Hi this is Christina!!! Gaby, did not get her logins for math, could you please tell her them. Hope you are doing well!!!
    Christina M.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, its Abby here. I already miss you! Stay safe and bye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi this is Charlotte. i am confused on legends of learning. i log in then it took me to a battle with science and math questions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is Charlotte again.(not Lauren) i don't see the assignments on Legends of learning

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi its Lizzy it wont let me get into the office 365 and says I need approval.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you able to log into your own account?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nevermind I logged in can I also redo chapter 12 etrance sheet

      Delete
  10. Hi Mrs. Rodabaugh can I redo my Esperanza Rising Chapter 12 enterance sheet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mrs.Rodabagh its lizzy me and dani already did the 2 voice poem so do we still have to do it.

    ReplyDelete