Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Happy Earth Day!  

Good morning, my friends!  I hope this day finds you well and happy.  Today is Earth Day and I have a few fun Earth day things for you to do.  

Oh!!  And I have a link to a free online lending library for you! Check it out and use your cobb county school log in to access this site.  https://soraapp.com/library/cobbcountyga

Today's Assignments:

AM Work /Wordly Wise #16: (20 min)

Please do the morning work for the edits and the math today.  The quiz for wordly wise #16 is in forms and ready to go.

Reading: (30 min)

I have a reading passage on alternative energy for you today.  I have it posted in the reading section of the class notebook.  Please read the article, andser the questions, and be sure to provide evidence for your written answer.  I would like for your answer to the written question to be thoughtful, complete and something that we can do.  Refer back to the article and provide a series of steps or ways that we can accomplish that goal.  

Writing: (20 min)

For writing today, we will be working on our memoir.  Today's session is "The Inspiration to Draft".  We will have a short mini lesson on inspiration for writing and then you will spend your 20 minutes working on your memoir.  I will post the slides from the powerpoint in the writing section of the class notebook after our mini lesson, for those of you who want to go back and reread it for "inspiration".  

Math: (30 min)

You will be finishing up volume today in both IXL and in Khan Academy.  Most of you are staying on top of your work in both of those two sites.  I really love how I can go down the list and see all the green checks and 100%'s.  If your grade is not a 100%, go back and re watch the videos and keep trying to get the 100.  The idea is mastery of the concept.  I know you guys and I know that you can do it!  
When you have the scores you want in Khan Academy, it is time to do the same in IXL.  You have the opportunity to do any/all of the skills in 5.EE.13 - 17 to make sure that you have a 90% or greater.

Science: (20 min)

Today is the brain check for yesterday's reading section.  I have it posted in the science section of the class notebook.  As always, feel free to refer back to the reading for help with answering the questions.  

Extra Earth Day Fun Stuff!

This is optional, but may be fun.  The STEM project starts off with you doing a bit of research on circuits and how to make them.  The next part of it is to substitute the battery (energy source) with something else.  Something natural, like a potato or a lemon.  Your job is to make a circuit work with that alternative energy source.  To take it even further, you can see which energy source works the best.  Quantify it by seeing either how long the bulb lights or how bright it is to prove your point.  
Present your findings by Friday by creating a video of what you've done on the Flip grid/Earth Day topic that I've put up.  Be creative!  Ask questions!  Would it work to charge my phone?  Would it work if I tried...
I can't wait to see the cool stuff you come up with!!

See you guys at 11:00!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! this is Charlotte! i didn't know where to put my memoir in the class notebook, so i put my writing in in my home school notebook.

    ReplyDelete