Thursday, April 16, 2020

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Good morning!

I hope everyone is having a good day so far!  I know I am!  I had a good 4.5 mile run yesterday.  I think that has been one of the hardest things for me is trying to get in a daily run and stay safe at the same time.  When it is this nice out, I would rather run outside instead of on my treadmill.  I am starting to get into the new routine and it is getting easier.  :)

Today is Thursday.  That means that those of you who are in Target, should do your Target activities.  Go to your Target teacher's site to find your assignment.
Tomorrow, I will not post any new assignments.  You will use tomorrow to catch up on any work you might have missed this week or at any time since digital learning began.

So, let's get to it...

Today's Assignments:

AM Work and Wordly Wise: (20 min)

Please do the Math morning work for Thursday and Wordly Wise #16 section C.

Reading: (30 min)

Today is the choice Board.  Pleae read for the 30 minutes.  It is set to be a gorgeous day today, so feel free to take your reading outside!  Don't forget to update the flip grid with a new book, if you need to!

Writing: (20 min)

You will choose one of the responses on the choice board to do for the section of the book you just read.  Please don't forget to put the name of your book and author on your response.  While you know what you have read, I don't!  It helps me understand your work when I know what book you are responding to.  
If you have extra time, you can go to IXL and work on 5.R.1 and 2.  This is on opinions and supporting arguments.

Math: (30 min)

For volume today, we will work on decomposing figures.  There are a few videos and practice problems assigned to you in Khan Academy.  I will also post an anchor chart for you in the class notebook.  I will go over it in the class meeting and we can practice a little more together.  In addition, when you finish the Khan Academy assignment, with your remaining time, you can go to IXL and continue working on 5.EE.13, 14 and 15 from this week.  Work for at least a 90% score on thiose skills.  

Science: (20 min)

I have a sheet for you to do on our next topic.  It will be in the Science section of the Class notebook.  This type of worksheet is called a probe.  It is designed to let me know what you already know about a topic and here I should start with it.  Please just do you best and don't worry about correct answers.  I will finish the lesson in our meting today.  
OK!!!  That's it for now...I will see you guys at 11:00!!

2 comments:

  1. do we have to do the bullet point under the number 15 in IXL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. Not yet, anyway. I don't plan on assigning that until Monday. :)

      Delete