Thursday, April 23, 2020

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Good morning!

Happy wet Thursday to you.  Since it is Thursday, some of you will be doing your Target assignments today.  Please look thorugh the assginments so that you know what you need to catch up on tomorrow and when your time slot is for tomorrow's meeting.   I have a schedule for tomorrow's meeting and everyone's 10 minute slot for your time to join the meeting.  I have honored your choices for time, if you sent it to me on yesterday's chat.  Everyone else was assigned a time.  Please let me know if your time won't work.  I will find an alternative.  :)  I am really looking forward to chatting with you guys one-on one! 

Today's Assignments: 

AM Work / Wordly Wise #17

Thursday is only the Math morning work.  I will, as usual, post the answers for this week's work on Monday.  
Thank you for doing your best on the Wordly Wise #16 quiz.  Most of you did a really nice job!  If you did not take it yesterday, you need to have that completed by the end of the week.  
Today's WW assignment is to review the new words on week 17, and make flash cards with your new words.  

Reading: (30 min)

Thursday is a choice board day.  You get to read for 30 minutes today.  Yesterday I provided you with a link to an on-line library where you can borrow e-books.  Check it out.    https://soraapp.com/library/cobbcountyga

Writing: (20 min)

Spend the time responding to your reading today by doing a different activity on the choice board.  I have noticed many of you are forgetting to use text evidence and complete sentences.  You have 20 minutes here, use that time and show me your complete understanding of the book you are reading!

If you finish early,  (those of you who are only writing one sentence, should have plenty of time) go to IXL and finish working on text structure, D.1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 from earlier in the week.  If you have shown mastery on those activities, move on to shades of meaning, DD. 1 and 2.

Math: (30 min)

You should have finished all of the volume activities yesterday.  If you are not doing Target activities today, you have a few videos on coordinate plane graphing to watch in Khan Academy.  When you are done, use the remaining time to work in IXL on any skill that you have not achieved mastery on yet.  Work on any previous skill until you have at least a 90% or greater score. 

Science: (20 min)

I have a Kahoot that I want to do with you during the class meeting.  Before you come into the meeting, have either a scecond device for the kahoot or have a split screen with the kahoot ready to go.  You need to be at www. Kahoot.it and I will have the PIN when we are ready to start.  Fingers crossed that it actually works!  :)

OK guys!  I think that's about it!  I will see you at 11:00!   

 


No comments:

Post a Comment