Monday, August 26, 2019

Monday, August 26, 2019

Happy Monday!!

We had a great time in ELA discussing and reading poetry!  There are a few things that are coming up this week.  Wednesday is Early Release Day and Thursday is a bus safety program in the afternoon as well as Super Specials in the morning.  We have a packed week ahead of us!!

Homework tonight:
Wordly Wise: 2A and make flashcards with words and definitions.
Reading: Read for 25 minutes and complete one response this week to turn in by Friday. 
Math:  Finish the WS if you have not completed both in class today. 
** For the students who just started the second WS, do at least 10 problems. **




Reading Response Rubric for Readers 
Date:  
 

I will read my Just Right Text (JRT)  at  least 20 minutes a day,  3 – 5 times a week.  

Each week, after reading, I will respond in my Reading Response Journal (RRJ) and turn in by Friday. 
My responses should include:

o Title of the selected text, date and pages read.  (5 points)
o 2 - 3 sentences that summarizes  my Focus on the pages read, with text evidence. (40 points)
o What I may be wondering about or lingering questions that I may have as a reader.  (25 points)
o Connections to life, poems, Interactive Read Aloud (class book) and / or other books. (25 points)
My Books in Waiting are up-to-date 
Books read are highlighted & rated 
Books to read next are listed
(5 points)


Standard: By the end of the year, read and comprehend literature, including stories, dramas, and poetry, at the high end of the grades 4-5 text complexity band independently and proficiently.   

The goal is not to get "The Right Answer."  The goal is to foster thinking, connections and wonderings. 




Have a wonderful evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment