Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Happy Tuesday! 

It's Cinco de Mayo, my friends!  I know that I am looking forward to tacos, chips, slasa, and guac later today! 

I have a meeting this morning so I am moving our class meeting to 11:30 today.  My ELA class can come to the meeting prepared to discuss any questions about their writing. 

Also, please let me know if you did not get the Cold War powerpoint.  I shared it with everyone in O365, so look for it and let me know if you can't access it in today's meeting. 

Today's Assignments:

AM Work / Wordly Wise:  (20 min)

Continue your work with the grammar edits and the daily math review.  I edited yesterday's post to include the answers from last week, so if you haven't checked last week, please do so.  

Wordly Wise #17:  Your assignment today is to study the words and be ready for the quiz tomorrow.  It will be the last Wordly Wise quiz this year so I expect you to do your absolute best!!  😁

Reading:  (30 min)

Today is a Choice Board Day!  You will read your book for 30 minutes and then respond to today's reading section by choosing an activity on the choice board that you have not previously done.  

Writing:   (20 min)

With the goal of finishing and turning in your writing by Friday, today, is all about editing.  Read over your work, not as a writer, but as a reader.  Focus on word meanings and the feelings that the words evoke.  Are there other words that you could use that may be more powerful?  Does the writing flow and make sense?  Is the lesson that you learned evident to the reader?  I have a checklist that I posted last week that would be helpful with this.  I will re-post it in the class notebook so that you don't have to search for it.

If you finished with the writing for today and the response to you reading,   IXL S.3 and T.1 are there for extra practice.  

Math:   (30 min)

Our focus of review today is on decimals and decimal word problems.  There is a few short things in Khan Academy for you to watch and practice as a way of refreshing your memory.  After you complete those, you will go to IXL.  Please do H.4, I.5, and J.5.

Social Studies:  (20 min)

I will post the WS that goes along with the newspaper.  Please answer questions #1 and 10 in complete sentences and provide text evidence for your answer.  I posted the newspaper as a picture yesterday and I have heard that it was difficult to see and when you tried to enlarge it, it became blurry.  I will replace the newspaper with a PDF image and that should fix the problem.  Thank you for letting me know about that!  

Ok, guys!  I will post the SS and Writing checklist in the class notebook now.  Remember that the meeting will start at 11:30!!!  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment