Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Happy Tuesday!

Good Morning and welcome to class!  The meeting code for our meetings this week remains the same all week.  922 656 959.  In our meeting today, I will spend time doing a science activity with you.  I will demonstrate it during the meeting and afterwards, you will fill out the sheet.  I'm excited!  It should be fun!

So let's get started!!


*** I could not load the video on here.  I put it on the class notebook instead. ***

Reading: (30 min)

Reading will be the same all week.  You will read for a half hour and then choose an activity from the choice board to do.  Please choose different activities every day and post them in your Reading section of the class notebook.  
Also, if you have not already, please record yourself talking about the book you are reading on Flip grid.  The code is the same as last week.  It will take you to my class and you will see where to record what book you are reading.  

Writing: (20 min)

I will be conducting the writing mini lesson today during the early part of  our meeting.  Please take some time to reflect on a few of your short stories or seeds that you have already written this year.  I know not everyone has their journals, but you can still think about things you have written this year.  

Math: (30 min)

We are continuing with Khan Academy and IXL.  The Khan Academy assignments are planned out for you each day.  I can see your scores and most of them are excellent!  Again, if you are not happy with your score, try the problems again.  If you need additional help, please ask!  I am here to help and even though I can't sit next to you to help, I can talk to you and show you things that may.  
As for IXL, today, you are working on 5.Z.1,2,3.  I see that a lot of you went on IXL yesterday and worked till you got the smart score of at least 90%!  Keep up the good work there too!

Science: (20 min)

I will have a sheet posted in the science section of our notebook for you to fill out after watching the demonstration in the meeting.   I am going to do the demonstration for you.  I will also record it so that if you need to watch it again, you will be able to replay the video.   I have to mention: please do not try the demonstration at home!    Be sure that your parent is doing it and you may watch or assist them.  

Wordly Wise and Morning Work: (20 min)

Today we are on WW #14 E.  Please be prepared for a quiz tomorrow on the wordly wise words.  
Continue to keep up with the morning work packet.  I posted last week's answers yesterday and will do the same for this week.  

Have a great day, and I will see you at 11:00!!
Stay Positive and Keep Smiling!!
I miss you!!

 

3 comments: