Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Happy Tuesday! 

And Happy St. Patty's Day!  Are you wearing green??  I am so proud of you all!! Everyone is working hard, I can see that you have been on Legends of Learning and Kahn Academy.  I am tracking your progress and you all are doing so well!  I also have been looking at your Reading and Writing work on One Note.  I have been leaving comments or stickers as feedback on your work.  

I created a class notebook for us yesterday and shared it with you.  There is a section for each of you guys, even if I only have you for one class period.  Please look in your shared files for a notebook called Rodabaugh's Rockstars 2020.  Open it and write me a note in the collaboration space to let me know that you have access to it.  From there it might be easier to keep everything organized.  


Today's Assignments

Reading (30 min)

As part of our conclusion to Esperanza Rising, I would like to look at the Big Metaphors in the story and see how they impacted the book as a whole and the end of the story.  Below is a guide to help you go back and reread the sections that contain the metaphors to fully understand how they impact Esperanza and the story.   Tomorrow you will use this to answer a series of questions as we conclude the unit.  

Writing (20 min)

If you have not already, please finish up the 2 voice poem today.  

Math (30 min)

In Legends of Learning, the play list has not changed.  You still have today to complete the playlist.  Kahn Academy has new videos and activities for you to complete today.    

Science (20 min)

The playlist for science is the same all week.  If you did not get to it yesterday or did not get to finish it yesterday, you can spend time on it today.  Tomorrow we will get into the Online book.  Please try to log into the science book from home today to see if you have any problems.  This way hopefully we can resolve any issues before they happen!  😉 


Morning Work/Wordly Wise (20 min)

Please continue to stay up to day with your math and edits morning work.  I will post answers on Friday so you can check.  
Wordly Wise #14 Flash Cards today.  
P.S. No spelling!  Just the vocab for now.  

Last few notes:
I would like set something up where we can video chat or talk, so that if you have any questions or need my help, I am here for you!

Have a great day!!

15 comments:

  1. Hi this Hayden I've Missed You!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've missed you too!!
      I'm going to look into something like Zoom so we can all see each other and chat.

      Delete
  2. hi this is Jonas do we do our work in the notebook you sent us or the notebook we sent you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will help me stay organized if you used the one I sent you. there will be a copy of the day's handouts and worksheets there too. It will keep everything all in one place and you won't have to search in different places for things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mrs.Rodabaugh I Miss you!!!!!!!! Quick question when are you gonna download zoom or like try to get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am putting in a call to Mrs. Daniels and she is going to walk me through it.
      Looking at starting it tomorrow!

      Delete
    2. at what time?

      Delete
  5. Hey its Christina! I have missed you! The online learning is going great for me! But on Thursdays, do I (as a target kid) do what the target blog says or do I do what your blog says? Hope you are doing well,
    Christina :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. Rodabaugh its Lizzy again, ummm..... Do we have to use text evidence for this entrance quiz?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi this is Sam and i finished a legends of learning activity and it restarted me. Can you tell if i finished it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sam. I see that you were on there, but I cannot see your score. Why don't you try again tomorrow? :)

      Delete
  8. This is Cara Kline. I did the Legends of Learning activity yesterday, but I think it was deleted. Can you look to see if it was deleted?

    ReplyDelete